Last revised on June 19, 2017
- Explain the way we use information that you share with us in order to build a great product and give you a great experience with it;
- Ensure that you understand what information we collect with your permission, and what we do — and do not do — with it;
- Hold us accountable for protecting your rights and your privacy under this policy.
All the information we collect is related to providing the Rekd service and its features. Broadly speaking, there are two categories of information we collect: 1) information that we must have in order for you to use Rekd; and 2) information that we can use to provide additional features and improved experiences if you choose to share that information.
The first category includes:
- Registration information, including your name, email address, and other information you provide when you sign up for Rekd using Facebook.
- Broad, non-specific location, which we derive from your IP address.
- The titles you react to and your interactions with the Service. This allows us to make recommendations to you and suggest relevant content.
- Technical and sensor information necessary to operate Rekd. This includes the type of browser and device you use, data from the touchscreen, and information from your device’s accelerometer and gyroscope sensors.
The second category includes information that enables us to offer you additional features. We never receive any of the following information unless you expressly choose to share it with us. It’s as simple as that. Here are some examples:
- Your specific location: We will never gather or use your specific device location without first getting your explicit permission.
- Your photos: We will only access images that you specifically choose, and we will never scan or import your photo library or camera roll. This allows you to choose individual pictures to change your profile picture. You can stop sharing photos and revoke access at any time.
- Your contacts: We will never scan or import your contacts unless you ask us to. If you choose to do so, we will only use your contact information to help you find friends or contacts who use Rekd.
- Your microphone: We will never access or use your microphone unless you give us explicit permission. This could enable you to control Rekd with your voice, and you will always have the ability to disable access to the microphone.
We will be clear with you about how and when we might share information.
In some contexts, we will share certain information. For example, like most services, when you sign up for Rekd through a third party like Facebook, we share some information with them and they share some information with us in order to enable your account. There also may be times when you want us to share information. For example, when you make playlists, you might want those playlists to be visible to your friends… and you might not. Similarly, you can ask us to share information (like your email address) with artists or record labels, or other partners who may want to directly send you news or promotional offers, but you can also revoke that permission at any time.
2. Key Highlights of What You’re Consenting to:
By using or interacting with the Services, you are consenting to:
- the public availability of your information and the controls over such information as described in Sharing information.
3. The Information We Collect:
We may collect and store the following information:
3.1 Registration Data
When you connect to the Service using credentials from a Third Party Application (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use) (e.g., Facebook), you authorise us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials. We may also collect other information available on or through your Third Party Application account, including, for example, your name, profile picture, country, hometown, email address, date of birth, gender, friends’ names and profile pictures, and networks.
You may also choose to voluntarily add other information to your profile, such as your mobile phone number and mobile service provider.
3.2 Usage, Log Data & Cookies
When you use or interact with the Service, we may use a variety of technologies that collect information about how the Service is accessed and used. This information may include:
- information about your type of subscription and your interactions with the Service, such as interactions with titles, playlists, other audiovisual content, other Rekd users, Third Party Applications, and advertising, products, and services which are offered, linked to, or made available on or through the Service;
- the details of the queries you make and the date and time of your request;
- User Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use) you post to the Service including messages you send and/or receive via the Service;
- technical data, which may include URL information, cookie data, your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access or connect to the Rekd Service, unique device ID, device attributes, network connection type (e.g., WiFi, 3G, LTE) and provider, network and device performance, browser type, language, information enabling digital rights management, operating system, and Spotify application version.
- motion-generated or orientation-generated mobile sensor data (e.g., accelerometer or gyroscope).
3.3 Your Mobile Device
- Photos and Camera: We will not access your photos or camera without first getting your explicit permission and we will never scan or import your photo library or camera roll. If you give us permission to access photos or your camera, we will only use images that you specifically choose to share with us. (You may use our application to select the photo or photos you choose to share, but we will never import the photos you review except those you explicitly share.).
- Location: We will not gather or use the specific location of your mobile device (by using, for example, GPS or Bluetooth) without first getting your explicit permission. And if you choose to share location information but later change your mind, you will always have the ability to stop sharing. Please note that this does not include IP address. We will continue to use your IP address as described in Section 3.2 above, to determine, for example, what country you are in and comply with our licensing agreements.
- Voice: We will not access your microphone without first getting your explicit permission. You will always have the ability to disable microphone access.
3.4 Payment Data
If you make purchases through the Service, your credit or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that we need to process your payment may be collected and stored by us and/or the payment processors with which we work. We may also collect some limited information, such as your postal code, mobile number, and details of your transaction history, all of which are necessary to provide the Service. In addition, the payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number.
3.5 Sweepstakes, Contests & Surveys
3.6 Spotify Service Providers and Partners
We may also receive information about you from our service providers and partners, which we use to personalise your Spotify experience, to measure ad quality and responses to ads, and to display ads that are more likely to be relevant to you. We also use this information as explained in the section How we use the information we collect below.
4. How We Use the Information We Collect:
Consistent with the permissions you give us to collect the information, we may use the information we collect, including your personal information:
- to provide, personalise, and improve your experience with the Services and products, services, and advertising (including for third party products and services) made available on or outside the Services (including on other sites that you visit), for example by providing customised, personalised, or localised content, recommendations, features, and advertising on or outside of the Services;
- to ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new products and services, and analyse your use of the Service, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Service;
- to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages, which you agree to receive;
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us (e.g., through your Rekd account settings);
- to, if you explicitly provide us your permission, use your mobile phone number to send you informational, marketing and promotional text messages using an automatic dialing system; you are not required to provide consent as a condition of signing up for Spotify’s services;
- to enable and promote the Service and other services or products, either within or outside the Service, including features and content of the Service and products and services made available through the Service;
- to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud;
- to provide you with features, information, advertising, or other content which is influenced by your location and your location in relation to other Rekd users; and
5. Sharing Information:
This section describes how the information collected or generated through your use of the Rekd service may be shared by you or by us.
5.1 Sharing By You
The Rekd Service is a social service that offers many ways to find, enjoy, and share content. We encourage you to take advantage of these social features with others on the Service.
Your name and/or username, profile picture, and your Rekd user profile will always be publicly available.
Playlists created or followed, your activity on the Service, User Content you post, upload, and/or contribute to the Service are made publicly available by default. Your activity on the Service will automatically appear on the Service and will, for example, be accessible by users who follow you or view your Rekd profile. If you create a playlist, the playlist will be publicly displayed by default, which means that it will also be displayed publicly in third-party search engine results and may appear together with other public profile information, such as your picture and name and/or username.
Please remember that certain information is always publicly available, which means that it can be accessed by Third Party Applications through our APIs and developer tools. Similarly, you may consent to provide Third Party Applications with access to your email address, subscription status, location, birthday, or similar information, upon their request.
We may use your public information to promote the Service and to help others find and follow you and/or your Rekd content, including through Facebook and other Third Party Applications. Your information may be used to notify others, including within the Service, via email, and through Facebook and Third Party Applications, about your use of the Service (e.g., that you have joined Rekd or activity related to a Rekd profile, such as adding or removing titles from a playlist).
With your explicit permission, we may notify other users of your location. Likewise, with other Rekd users’ explicit permission, we may notify you about their whereabouts. We may offer you the ability to share this information to create shared experiences.
5.2 Sharing by Rekd
5.2.1 Marketing and Advertising
We may share information with advertising partners in order to send you promotional communications about Rekd or to show you more tailored content, including relevant advertising for products and services that may be of interest to you, and to understand how users interact with advertisements. The information we share is in a de-identified format (for example, through the use of hashing) that does not personally identify you. Please see the section Information about cookies, other technologies, and third-party data collection below for information about the cookies and other technologies that we and third parties use to serve you more relevant ads and your options.
5.2.2 Service Providers and Others
5.2.3 Other Sharing
In addition to the above, we may also share your information with third parties for these limited purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- to respond to legal process (e.g., a court order or subpoena), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so; to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law; to protect the safety of any person; to protect the rights and property of Rekd, including to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use and any other terms that you have agreed to; and to address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- to academic researchers for purposes including statistical analysis and academic study, but only in a de-identified format;
- to publish de-identified or aggregate information about the use of the Rekd Service; and
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information.
7. Transfer to Other Countries:
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal data, including sensitive data, by Tinder from your region to countries which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area, including the United States. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
We are committed to protecting our users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the Spotify Service. While we take data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information.
The Rekd Service is not directed to children under the age of 13. (In some countries, stricter age limits may apply. See our Terms and Conditions of Use.) We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, do not use the Service and do not provide any personal information to us. If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal information to Spotify, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you may request exercise of your applicable access, rectification, cancellation, and/or objection rights. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove publicly available content, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. Accessing and Updating User Information:
Occasionally we may, in our discretion, make changes to the Agreements. When we make material changes to the Agreements, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Service or by sending you an email. In some cases, we will notify you in advance, and your continued use of the Service after the changes have been made will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully. If you do not wish to continue using the Service under the new version of the Agreements, you may terminate the Agreements by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.